Sabtu, 19 Februari 2011

Social Media and the Banking Industry

Is there a new age of cyberbanking on the horizon? I've just apprehend an commodity which suggests that 'Facebook' (and added amusing media sites) could see the end of acceptable cyberbanking as we apperceive it. A 'whacky' concept? Yes. Impossible? Maybe. Any time soon? No.

The abstraction is that 'peer lending' could alter the charge for approved cyberbanking in a massive way. That is to say that me borrowing money off (and advance money in) one billion added humans is a bigger abstraction than application a top artery bank. After what's happened afresh with top artery banks, my burning anticipation was "ANYTHING is bigger than ambidextrous with approved top artery banks" - but that's a little too flippant.

The appropriate archetypal involves over 10 actor humans application online peer-to-peer cyberbanking as their absolute another to acceptable banking: an 'aggressive' move into peer-to-peer cyberbanking which would revolutionise the accomplished industry and change things for the better.

Here's my appearance of the idea.

Social media as it stands isn't about adult abundant to cope with the burden and demands of a 10 actor (plus) humans able cyberbanking system. This is in a amount of ways: firstly, I admiration if 'Facebook' attempt to accumulate its online babble alive again how would 'Facebank' run on a circadian basis? I absolutely wouldn't wish to brace my browser 15 times to see my cyberbanking bearings on-the-run.

Secondly, the aegis aspect of amusing media is not something which I'd be decidedly assured in. This is from not alone the amusing networks ancillary of it but aswell the 'consumer'. The botheration of humans over-sharing online is something which has developed as a botheration as added avenues through amusing media accessible up and it becomes a added accessible experience. What is the accident to humans administration all their affairs online in a abeyant afraid network?

Furthermore, to what admeasurement is a amusing media and networking website accordant with a able industry such as banking? Of course, the abstraction isn't yet developed abundant to absolutely finer scrutinise but I'm absolutely afflictive with the abstraction as it stands. I don't wish to be account cheep and status' like "Just absent ВЈ1000 if the FaceBank server crashed, does it anyone apperceive area it is? I aswell can't upload pictures of endure night. Lol?"

My final (more serious) point is this: the abstraction of peer-to-peer, public-led cyberbanking isn't something I article to, in actuality the advocate aspect of it rather appeals to me. However, the abstraction that this is something which is just over the acropolis is all too abrupt and abolitionist for me to be adequate with. The above problems I've categorical are fixable and I'm abiding could be developed out of the systems over time. For now though, I'm blockage durably abiding in acceptable cyberbanking with humans who apperceive abundant added than me about it and are paid professionals in the industry.